3D art essentials [electronic resource] : the fundamentals of 3D modeling, texturing, and animation / Ami Chopine
- Chopine, Ami
- Oxford ; Burlington, MA : Focal Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 274 pages) : illustrations
- History of computer graphics and special effects -- Getting started and getting finished -- Polygons -- Nurbs -- Subdivision surfaces -- Deforming -- Rigging -- Animation -- Dynamics -- How the pixel gets its color -- More than just color -- Light effects -- Lighting the way -- Working the camera -- Environments -- Rendering -- Procedures and graphs -- Scripting -- What tools to use -- Making a career out of 3D.
- Create high-quality 3D animations and models by using the basic concepts and principles of 3D art presented by GeekAtPlay.com's Ami Chopine. This handy studio reference breaks down the core concepts into easy-to-understand segments and teaches you the 'why' in addition to the 'how.' Using application agnostic step-by-step tutorials, this book teaches you how to model, pose, and texture your creations as well as scenery creation, animation, and rendering. Learn which applications are best for your needs and how you can get started making money in the 3D field. The companion website includes video tutorials, models, project files, and other resources.
- 9780240814711 (electronic bk.)
0240814711 (electronic bk.)
9780240814728 (electronic bk.)
024081472X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7402982