West Indies accounts : essays on the history of the British Caribbean and the Atlantic economy in honour of Richard Sheridan / edited by Roderick A. McDonald
- Additional Titles:
- Essays on the history of the British Caribbean and the Atlantic economy in honour of Richard Sheridan
- Kingston, Jamaica : Press, University of the West Indies, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 388 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Sheridan, Richard B., 1918-, McDonald, Roderick A. (Roderick Alexander), 1947-, and Association of Caribbean Historians. Conference (25th : 1993 : University of the West Indies)
- "Collection of essays written by former students, colleagues, and friends to honor a preeminent economic historian of the Caribbean. Covering period 1650-1850, essays encompass a broad range of topics, with major focus on various aspects of slavery and imperial relations during those years. Excellent introductory essay on Sheridan's contributions to Caribbean economic history. Extremely useful"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 58.
- Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of the Association of Caribbean Historians held at the Mona campus of the University of the West Indies, March 1993, to celebrate the retirement of Richard B. Sheridan.
- Bibliography Note:
- "Richard B. Sheridan, published works": pages x-xvi.
Includes bibliographical references (pages -376) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7404201