The ship that would not die : USS Queens, SS Excambion, and USTS Texas Clipper / Stephen Curley ; afterword by J. Dale Shively
- Curley, Stephen J.
- College Station : Texas A&M University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 235 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm.
- Centennial series of the Association of Former Students, Texas A&M University ; no. 117
- USS Queens, 1944-1946, an attack transport: serving in the Pacific War and its aftermath -- SS Excambion, 1948-1959, a cargo-passenger liner: plying the Mediterranean trade for the American flag fleet -- USTS Texas Clipper, 1965-1996, a floating classroom: teaching merchant marine cadets -- Afterword: Navigating a sinking ship, 1996-2007: from bureaucracy to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico / J. Dale Shively -- Appendix: Queens/Excambion/Texas Clipper timeline.
- Queens (Ship)—History
- Excambion (Ship)—History
- Texas Clipper (Ship)—History
- Warships—United States—History—20th century
- Cargo ships—United States—History—20th century
- Training-ships—United States—History—20th century
- World War, 1939-1945—Naval operations, American
- World War, 1939-1945—Regimental histories—United States
- World War, 1939-1945—Transportation—United States
- 9781603444279 (cloth : alk. paper)
1603444270 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7405083