African diaspora and the metropolis : reading the African, African American and Caribbean experience / edited by Fassil Demissie
- London : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 116 pages ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Demissie, Fassil
- Sam Selvon's The lonely Londoners and the structure of black metropolitan life / Mpalive-Hangson Msiska -- Richard Wright and African francophone intellectuals : a reassessment of the 1956 Congress of Black Writers in Paris / Babacar M'Baye -- American philanthropy and African education : African students in the metropolis in the 1960s / Zine Magubane -- 'In my Senegalese quality and as a compatriot' : Senegalese students in the metropolis and the language of affinity, 1880-1890 / Kelly Duke Bryant -- Paradoxes of diaspora, global identity and human rights : the deportation of Nigerians in Ireland / Elisa Joy White -- Pulling the coat : postcolonial performativity in Black British women's drama / Kanika Batra -- From mirage to image : Africa on film in the metropolis, 1955-1975 / Dominic Thomas.
- 9780415560344 (hbk.)
- Related Titles:
- African and black diaspora
- Issue of African and black diaspora, an international journal.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7406052