The political philosophy of Zhang Taiyan [electronic resource] : the resistance of consciousness / by Viren Murthy
- Murthy, Viren
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 266 pages ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Introduction : Zhang Taiyan and Chinese modernity -- Zhang's critique of Kang Youwei : anti-Manchuism, the national essence, and revolution -- Buddhist epistemology and modern self-identity : Zhang Taiyan's "On establishing religion" -- Transfiguring modern temporality : Zhang Taiyan's critique of evolutionary history -- Daoist equalization against the universal principle : Zhang Taiyan's critique of late Qing political theory -- Conclusion : Zhang Taiyan, Lu Xun and Wang Hui : the politics of imagining a better future.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -258) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7406210