Histories of the Middle East [electronic resource] : studies in Middle Eastern society, economy and law in honor of A.L. Udovitch / edited by Roxani Eleni Margariti, Adam Sabra, Petra M. Sijpesteijn
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 278 pages : illustrations (some color), map ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Margariti, Roxani Eleni, 1969-, Sabra, Adam Abdelhamid, 1968-, Sijpesteijn, Petra, and Udovitch, Abraham L.
- Brill eBook titles 2011
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- "There are 'ulama', and then there are 'ulama" : minor religious institutions and minor religious functionaries in medieval Cairo / Jonathan P. Berkey -- The Arabian silent trade : profit and nobility in the "markets of the 'Arabs'" / Michael Bonner -- Ringing church bells in Hafsid Tunis : religious concessions to Christian fondacos in the later thirteenth century / Olivia Remie Constable -- An overview of the slaves' juridical status at sea in Romano-Byzantine, and Islamic laws / Hassan S. Khalilieh -- Maritime cityscapes : lessons from real and imagined topographies of western Indian Ocean ports / Roxani Eleni Margariti -- Demonizing zenobia : the legend of al-Zabba" in Islamic sources / David S. Powers -- The view from the south : the maps of the book of curiosities and the commercial revolution of the eleventh century / Yossef Rapoport -- From artisan to courtier : sufism and social mobility in fifteenth-century Egypt / Adam Sabra -- Mini-dramas by the water : on irrigation rights and disputes in fifteenth-century Damascus / Boaz Shoshan -- Army economics : an early papyrus letter related to 'ata' payments / Petra M. Sijpesteijn.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7406417