Essays for John Dewey's ninetieth birthday / edited by Kenneth D. Benne and Wm. O. Stanley. Report of conference
- Conference Author:
- Conference on Education and Philosophy, (1949 : University of Illinois)
- [Urbana] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 92 pages ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Benne, Kenneth Dean, 1908-
- Editor's preface.--Introduction : Greetings to the Urbana conference by J. Dewey.--On celebrating John Dewey's birthday, by K. D. Benne.--Dewey's place in the classic period of American philosophy, by M. H. Fisch.--Dewey'S theory of language with some implications for educational theory, by A. S. Clayton.--the problem of verification in formal school learning, by F. McMurray.--Educational foundations of social planning, by H. S. Fries.--John Dewey and adult education, by K. D. Benne.--Dewey's philosophy as a program for action by Sing-nan-fen.--Closing remarks, by L. Molinaro.
- The last two essays, not delivered at the conference were printed earlier in Adult education bulletin and Progressive education, respectively.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies.
View MARC record | catkey: 746207