Senna [videorecording] / Universal Pictures presents ; in association with StudioCanal ; a Working Title production in association with Midfield Films ; directed by Asif Kapadia ; produced by James Gay-Rees, Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner ; written by Manish Pandey
- [England?] : Universal Pictures, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Kapadia, Asif, 1972-
Williams, Frank, 1942-
Universal Pictures (Firm)
Working Title Films
Midfield Films (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Original theatrical audio in English, Brazilian Portuguese, and Japanese, with optional English (Forced Narrative), and English SDH subtitles.
- Senna is the true story of Brazilian motor-racing legend, Ayrton Senna, whom many believe was the greatest driver who ever lived. Spanning Senna's titanic Formula One career, the film charts his physical and spiritual journey, both on track and off; his quest for perfection and his ultimate transformation from a supremely gifted novice, who exploded into F1 in 1984, to myth after the tragic events of Imola in 1994. Made with the full co-operation of the Senna family and Formula One Management, SENNA is the first official documentary feature about his life, featuring astounding archive material, much of which is previously unseen.
- "Triple play." Contains Blu-ray and DVD discs, plus access to a digital copy via the DVD.
Originally released as motion picture in 2010.
Special features include: Almost an hour of exclusive interviews including contributions from Alain Prost, Ron Dennis and others; Filmmaker Commentary featuring Director Asif Kapadia, Writer Manish Pandey and Producer James Gay-Rees; "Lost" Radio Interview with Gerald Donaldson; Senna Family Home Videos.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Featuring: Alain Prost, Frank Williams, Ron Dennis.
- Technical Details:
- Blu-ray; 1080p High-definition widescreen, 1.85:1; Dolby Digital.
DVD; PAL; region 2; Dolby Digital.
System requirements: Windows or Mac; iTunes or Windows Media Player; iOS device (iPhone, iPod, iPad).
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 7515505