Connectome : how the brain's wiring makes us who we are / Sebastian Seung
- Seung, Sebastian
- Additional Titles:
- Connect to me
How the brain's wiring makes us who we are
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 359 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Pt. 1. Does size matter? Genius and madness ; Border disputes -- pt. 2. Connectionism. No neuron is an island ; Neurons all the way down ; The assembly of memories -- pt. 3. Nature and nurture. The forestry of genes ; Renewing our potential -- pt. 4. Connectomics. Seeing is believing ; Following the trail ; Carving ; Codebreaking ; Comparing ; Changing -- pt. 5. Beyond humanity. To freeze or to pickle? ; Save as ...
- The audacious effort to map the brain--and along with it our mental afflictions, from autism to schizophrenia--by a rising star in neuroscience.
- 9780547508184 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 314-334) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7516711