Sustainable development as a civilizational revolution : a multidisciplinary approach to the challenges of the 21st century / Artur Pawlowski
- Pawłowski, Artur
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 229 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 The evolution of the idea of sustainable development in history -- 1.Worldwide perspective -- 1.1.Early initiatives -- 1.2.Contemporary later advances -- 2.European perspective -- ch. 2 Theoretical basis for sustainable development -- 1.The notion of sustainable development -- 2.Hierarchy of planes -- 3.The principles of sustainable development -- 4.Indicators of sustainable development -- ch. 3 Philosophy, religion and environmental education -- 1.Eco-philosophy and the ethical plane of sustainable development -- 2.Religion and sustainable development -- 3.Ethics in practice: Ecological attitude and education -- 4.A new research field: A philosophical audit -- ch. 4 Level II of sustainable development: Ecological, social, and economic considerations -- 1.Ecological plane -- 1.1.Natural environment -- 1.2.Changed landscape -- 2.Social plane -- 2.1.Social environment -- 2.2.Cultural landscape -- 2.3.Urbanization and Healthy Cities -- 2.4.North vs. South -- 3.Economic plane -- 3.1.Traditional economy vs. ecological economics -- 3.2.Economic instruments for protection of the environment -- 3.3.Responsible business and environmental systems of management -- 3.4.Financial security for introducing sustainable development -- ch. 5 Level III of sustainable development: Technical, legal and political considerations -- 1.Technical plane -- 1.1.Technology and environment -- 1.2.Industrial ecology and cleaner production -- 1.3.Energy issues -- 2.Legal plane -- 2.1.Environmental protection and sustainable development law -- 2.2.Legal barriers to sustainable development -- 3.Political plane -- 3.1.Policy and politics -- 3.2.Democracy and sustainable development -- ch. 6 Integration of planes, the phenomenon of globalization and the Sustainable Development Revolution -- 1.Overlapping of sustainable development planes -- 2.The challenges of globalization -- 3.Breakthroughs in human history -- 4.Sustainable development as a civilizational revolution.
- 9780415578608 and 0415578604
- "A Balkema Book." -- Title page.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-226) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7518129