Statistics in the social sciences [electronic resource] : current methodological developments / edited by Stanislav Kolenikov, Douglas Steinley, Lori Thombs
- Statistics in the Social Sciences: Current Methodological Developments; Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; Preface; 1 Analysis of Correlation Structures: Current Status and Open Problems; 2 Overview of Structural Equation Models and Recent Extensions; 3 Order-Constrained Proximity Matrix Representations; 4 Multiobjective Multidimensional (City-Block) Scaling; 5 Critical Differences in Bayesian and Non-Bayesian Inference; 6 Bootstrap Test of Shape Invariance Across Distributions; 7 Statistical Software for the Social Sciences; 8 Conclusion: Roundtable Discussion; Index.
- A one-of-a-kind compilation of modern statistical methods designed to support and advance research across the social sciences. Statistics in the Social Sciences: Current Methodological Developments presents new and exciting statistical methodologies to help advance research and data analysis across the many disciplines in the social sciences. Quantitative methods in various subfields, from psychology to economics, are under demand for constant development and refinement. This volume features invited overview papers, as well as original research presented at the Sixth Annual Winemiller Conferen.
- 9780470583333, 0470583339, 9780470583326 (electronic bk.), 0470583320 (electronic bk.), 0470148748 (hbk.), and 9780470148747 (hbk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 7519498