Exploring U2 : is this rock 'n' roll? : essays on the music, work, and influence of U2 / edited by Scott Calhoun
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 276 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Calhoun, Scott D.
- Part I. Eighteen years of dawning -- ch. 1. Boy to man : a Dublin-shaped band / Neil McCormick -- ch. 2. My voyage of discovery : returning October's lost lyrics / Danielle Rhéaume -- ch. 3. Potent crossroads : where U2 and progressive awareness meet / Rachel E. Seiler -- ch. 4. The authentic self in Paul Ricoeur and U2 / Jeffrey F. Keuss and Sara Koenig -- Part II. Don't expect, suggest -- ch. 5. Vocal layering as deconstruction and reinvention in U2 / Christopher Endrinal -- ch. 6. "Bullet in the sky" as an evolving performance / Steve Taylor -- ch. 7. U2 : an elevated brand / Michele O'Brien -- ch. 8. Nothing succeeds like a failure : U2 and the politics of irony / Keving J. H. Dettmar -- Part III. Take this soul -- ch. 9. Playing the tart : contexts and intertexts for "Until the end of the world" / Daniel T. Kline -- ch. 10. Where Leitourgia has no name : U2 live / Beth Maynard -- ch. 11. Bono v. Nick Cave Re : Jesus / Greg Clarke -- ch. 12. Fallen angels in the hands of U2 / Deane Galbraith -- Part IV. When I look at the world -- ch. 13. Bono's rhetoric of the auspicious : translating and transforming Africa for the consumerist West / Bruce L. Edwards -- ch. 14. Boy, baby, and bomb : U2's use of antilanguage / John Hurtgen -- ch. 15. All that we can't leave behind : U2's conservative voice / Stephen Catanzarite -- ch. 16. Across the universe : U2's hope in space and time / Scott Calhoun.
- 9780810881570 (cloth : alk. paper)
0810881578 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2012
View MARC record | catkey: 7519835