The university and the people : envisioning American higher education in an era of populist protest / Scott M. Gelber
- Gelber, Scott M.
- Additional Titles:
- Envisioning American higher education in an era of populist protest
- Madison, Wis. : University of Wisconsin Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 268 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Studies in American thought and culture
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Preludes to Populism: Anti-Elitism and Higher Education, 1820--1885 -- 2.Scaling the Gilded Halls of the University: Populism and Campus Politics -- 3.The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number: Populism and Academic Access -- 4.Looking Forward: Populism and Economic Access -- 5.Producers and Parasites: The Populist Vision of College Curriculum -- 6.The Tastes of the Multitude: Populism, Expertise, and Academic Freedom -- 7.Watchdogs of the Treasury: Populism and Public Funding for Higher Education.
- 9780299284640 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0299284646 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7520070