Complete casting handbook [electronic resource] : metal casting processes, metallurgy, techniques and design / John Campbell
- Part II: Casting Metallurgy 1. The Melt 2. Entrainment 3. Flow 4. Molds and Cores (updated and expanded) 5. Solidification Structure 6. Casting Alloys (new chapter) 7. Porosity 8. Cracks and Tears (new consolidated chapter) 9. Properties of Castings Part II: Casting Manufacture 10. The 10 Rules 11. Filling System Design Fundamentals 12. Filling System Components 13. Filling System Design Practice 14. Melting 15. Molding 16. Casting 17. Controlled Solidification Techniques 18. Dimensional Accuracy 19. Post-Casting Processing Index.
- Complete Casting Handbook is the result of a long-awaited update, consolidation and expansion of expert John Campbell's market-leading casting books into one essential resource for metallurgists and foundry professionals who design, specify or manufacture metal castings. The first single-volume guide to cover modern principles and processes in such breadth and depth whilst retaining a clear, practical focus, it includes: A logical, two-part structure, breaking the contents down into casting metallurgy and casting manufacture Established, must-have information, such as Campbell's '10 Rules' for successful casting manufacture New chapters on filling system design, melting, molding, and controlled solidification techniques, plus extended coverage of a new approach to casting metallurgy Providing in-depth casting knowledge and process know-how, from the noteworthy career of an industry-leading authority, Complete Casting Handbook delivers the expert advice needed to help you make successful and profitable castings. Long-awaited update, consolidation and expansion of expert John Campbell's market-leading casting books into one essential handbook. Separated into two parts, casting metallurgy and casting manufacture, with extended coverage of casting alloys and new chapters on filling system design, melting, moulding and controlled solidification techniques to compliment the renowned Campbell '10 Rules'. Delivers the expert advice that engineers need to make successful and profitable casting decisions.
- 9781856178099 (electronic bk.)
1856178099 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7520637