Mergers, acquisitions, and other restructuring activities [electronic resource] : an integrated approach to process, tools, cases, and solutions / Donald M. DePamphilis
- PART I The Mergers and Acquisitions Environment (3 chapters) PART II The Mergers and Acquisitions Process: Phases 1-10 (3 chapters) PART III Merger and Acquisition Valuation and Modeling (4 chapters) PART IV Deal Structuring and Financing Strategies (3 chapters) PART V Alternative Business and Restructuring Strategies (4 chapters).
- Two strengths distinguish this textbook from others. One is its presentation of subjects in the contexts where they occur. Students see different perspectives on subjects and learn how complex and dynamic the mergers and acquisitions environment is. The other is its use of current events. Of its 72 case studies, 3/4 are new or have been updated. The implications of Dodd-Frank and US Supreme Court rulings affecting the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, among other regulatory changes, are developed to enhance teaching and learning experiences. Other improvements to the 6th edition have shortened and simplified chapters, increased the numbers and types of pedagogical supplements, and expanded the international appeal of examples. With a renewed focus on empirical and quantitative examples, the 6th edition continues to demonstrate how people work together on mergers and acquisitions and why the actions of specific individuals have far-reaching implications. Presents an integrated approach to the activities involved in mergers, acquisitions, business alliances, and corporate restructurings. All chapters have been revised, updated, and contain new content, and 14 include more extensive changes. Structural revisions make chapters more streamlined, shorter, and less complex. Case studies cover a dozen industries, and 75% are new or have been updated. All include discussion questions and answers.
- 9780123854858 (electronic bk.)
0123854857 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Sep. 1, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 7520652