Energy development and water use [electronic resource] : impacts of potential oil shale development on water resources : testimony before the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, Committee on Natural Resources, House of Representatives / statement of Anu K. Mittal
- Mittal, Anu K.
- Additional Titles:
- Impacts of potential oil shale development on water resources
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Govt. Accountability Office, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : map
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Government Accountability Office
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Natural Resources. Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources
- Testimony ; GAO-11-929T
- Background -- Oil shale development could adversely impact water resources, but the magnitude of these impacts is unknown -- Estimates of water needs for commercial oil shale development vary widely -- Water is likely to be available initially from local sources, but the size of an oil shale industry may eventually be limited by water availability -- Federal research efforts on the impacts of oil shale development on water resources do not provide sufficient data for future monitoring.
- Title from PDF title page (viewed on Jan. 13, 2011).
"For release ... August 24, 2011."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 7524717