Why peace fails : the causes and prevention of civil war recurrence / Charles T. Call
- Call, Charles
- Additional Titles:
- Causes and prevention of civil war recurrence
- Washington, DC : Georgetown University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 315 pages ; 24 cm
- Why peace fails: theory -- What do we know about why peace fails? -- Is Civil War recurrence distinct from its onset? -- Examining the cases -- Liberia: exclusion and Civil War recurrence -- Separatist recurrences of Civil War -- Nonseparatist recurrences of Civil War -- Recurrences that defy the argument -- Making peace stick: inclusionary politics and twenty-seven nonrecurrent Civil Wars -- Implications for theory and practice -- Conclusions for theory: legitimacy-focused peacebuilding -- Conclusions for policy and practice: can external actors build legitimacy after war?.
- 9781589018945 (pbk. : alk. paper)
158901894X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -302) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7526005