Die Sabbathii, 20 Maii, 1648. A declaration of the Lords and Commons assembled in Parliament [microform] : for the suppressing of all tumultuous assemblies, under pretence of framing and presenting petitions to the Parliament
- Corporate Author:
- England and Wales. Parliament
- Additional Titles:
- Declaration of the Lords and Commons assembled in Parliament, for the suppressing of all tumultuous assemblies, under pretence of framing and presenting petitions to the Parliament
- London : Printed for Edward Husband, Printer to the Honorable House of Commons, May 23 1648..
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page).
- Imprint from Wing.
At foot: Die Lunæ, 23. Maii, 1648. Ordered by the Commons assembled in Parliament, that the several and respective committees in the several counties of England and Wales, be injoyned, and are hereby required to disperse through their counties, and publish in all the market-towns, the ordinance passed on Saturday last concerning petitioning; and that the knights and burgesses of the several and respective counties do send copies of the said ordinance, to the said committees to be dispersed and published accordingly. It is further ordered, that Edward Husband the printer do forthwith print a sufficient number of these ordinances, and bring them in by to morrow twelve of the clock at the farthest. H: Elsynge, Cler. Parl. D. Com.
While all subjects have the right to petition the Parliament, yet by tumultuous assemblies Parliament has been hindered in its labours. No petition is to be brought up by more than 20 persons: it is to be delivered to some member to be presented. -- Steele.
Reproduction of original in the British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books; Tract supplement ; C29:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) E1434
Steele I, 2762
Early English books tract supplement interim guide 190.g.12
View MARC record | catkey: 7528932