Mixed marriages : intermarriage and group identity in the Second Temple period / edited by Christian Frevel
- New York : T & T Clark International, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 337 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Frevel, Christian, 1962-
- Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament studies : ; 547
T & T Clark library of biblical studies
- Deepening the water : first steps to a diachronic approach on intermarriage in the Hebrew Bible / Christian Frevel and Benedikt J. Conczorowski -- An ethnic affair? : Ezra's intermarriage crisis against a context of "self-ascription" and "ascription of others" / Katherine Southwood -- The question of mixed marriages between the poles of diaspora and homeland : observations in Ezra/Nehemiah / Ralf Rothenbusch -- Intermarriage and group identity in the Ezra tradition (Ezra 7-10 and Nehemiah 8) / Juha Pakkala -- All the same as Ezra? : conceptual differences between the texts on intermarriage in Genesis, Deuteronomy 7 and Ezra / Benedikt J. Conczorowski -- Understanding the mixed marriages of Ezra-Nehemiah in the light of temple-building and the book's concept of Jerusalem / Jan Clauss -- Mixed marriage in Torah narratives / Karen S. Winslow -- From the well in Midian to the Baal of Peor : different attitudes to marriage of Israelites to Midianite women / Yonina Dor -- "Married into Moab" : the exogamy practiced by Judah and his descendants in the Judahite lineages / Gary N. Knoppers -- The question of "mixed marriages" (intermarriage) : the extra-biblical evidence / Sebastian Grätz -- Mixed marriages and the Hellenistic religious reforms / Armin Lange -- "Separate yourself from the Gentiles" (Jubilees 22:16) : intermarriage in the book of Jubilees / Christian Frevel -- Intermarriage in Qumran texts : the legacy of Ezra-Nehemiah / Hannah Harrington -- Moses' Cushite marriage : Torah, Artapanus, and Josephus / Karen S. Winslow -- Feminist- and gender-critical perspectives on the biblical ideology of intermarriage / Claudia V. Camp.
- 9780567310507 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0567310507 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 7539655