Oxide semiconductors for solar energy conversion [electronic resource] : titanium dioxide / Janusz Nowotny
- Nowotny, Janusz, 1936-
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxx, 384 pages, 1 unnumbered page of plates) : illustrations, map
- Green chemistry and chemical engineering
- Ch. 1. Solid-state electrochemistry of binary metal oxides -- ch. 2. Light-induced effects -- ch. 3. Basic properties of TiO2 -- ch. 4. Defect chemistry -- ch. 5. Electrical properties -- ch. 6. Diffusion -- ch. 7. Effect of interfaces -- ch. 8. Applications.
- Oxide semiconductors, including titanium dioxide (TiO2), are increasingly being considered as replacements for silicon in the development of the next generation of solar cells. Oxide Semiconductors for Solar Energy Conversion: Titanium Dioxide presents the basic properties of binary metal oxide semiconductors and the performance-related properties of TiO2 as they relate to solar energy. The book provides a general background on oxide semiconductors based on binary oxides and their solid solutions, including electronic and ionic conductors. It covers several aspects of solid-state electrochemis.
- 9781439848463 (electronic bk.)
1439848467 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Online copy: Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 7540145