Framing post-Cold War conflicts : the media and international intervention / Philip Hammond
- Hammond, Phil, 1964-
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 245 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction : post-Cold War conflicts and the media -- Somalia, 1992-94 -- Bosnia, 1992-95 -- Rwanda, 1994 -- Kosovo, 1999 -- Afghanistan, 2001 -- Iraq, 2003 -- Conclusions : framing post-Cold War conflicts.
- This book takes a comparative approach, examining British press coverage across six different crises. Through detailed analysis of news content, it seeks to establish which have been the dominant themes in explaining the post-Cold War international order and to discover how far the patterns established prior to 9/11 have changed.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 234-242) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7540481