Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations : a guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement / John M. Bryson
- Bryson, John M. (John Moore), 1947-
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, ©2011.
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 547 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Bryson on strategic planning ; 1
- Understanding the Dynamics of Strategic Planning -- Why Strategic Planning Is More Important Than Ever -- The Strategy Change Cycle: An Effective Strategic Planning Approach for Public and Nonprofit Organizations -- Key Steps in Thinking and Acting Strategically -- Initiating and Agreesing on a Strategic Planning Process -- Clarifying Organizational Mandates and Mission -- Assessing the Environment to Identify Strengths and Weaknesses, Opportunities and Challenges -- Identifying Strategic Issues Facing the Organization -- Formulating and Adopting Strategies and Plans to Manage the Issues -- Establishing an Effective Organizational Vision for the Future -- Implementing Strategies and Plans Successfully -- Reassessing and Revising Strategies and Plans -- Managing the Process and Getting Started with Strategic Planning -- Leadership Roles for Making Strategic Planning Work -- Getting Started with Strategic Planning.
- "Strategic planning is an important function in nonprofit and public organizations, and leaders are continually striving to increase efficiency and effectiveness. In this fourth edition of his perennial bestseller Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, Bryson provides the most updated version of his thoughtful strategic planning model and outlines the reasons public and nonprofit organizations must embrace strategic planning to improve their performance. The book offers leaders, managers, and students detailed guidance on implementing the process, and specific tools and techniques to make the process work"--
- 9780470392515 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 493-527) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 7540626