The managed hand : race, gender, and the body in beauty service work / Miliann Kang
- Kang, Miliann
- Berkeley : University of California Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 309 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction: manicuring work -- "There's no business like the nail business" -- "What other work is there?": manicurists -- Hooked on nails: customers -- "I just put Koreans and nails together": nail spas and the model minority -- Black people "have not been the ones who get pampered": nail art salons and black-Korean relations -- "You could get a fungus": Asian discount nail salons as the new yellow peril -- Conclusion: what is a manicure worth?
- 9780520262584 (cloth : alk. paper)
0520262581 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780520262607 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0520262603 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 275-299) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7541380