Fast track to MDX [electronic resource] / Mark Whitehorn, Robert Zare, and Mosha Pasumansky
- Whitehorn, Mark, 1953-
- [Place of publication not identified] : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 309 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Zare, Robert, 1974- and Pasumansky, Mosha, 1970-
- Front Matter; Readme.doc -- definitions you need to know; How MDX is used; MDX queries; MDX syntax; MDX expressions; Navigating the hierarchy; Snapshot data analysis; Moving averages; Filters; Setting the default member; Member properties and dimension security; Distinct Count; Parent-Child dimensions; Advanced data modeling -- Custom Order, Custom Rollup, Custom Members; Further advanced data modeling techniques; Actions; Server side color coding; More about querying; Back Matter.
- Provides the background needed to write useful MDX expressions. This book introduces the most frequently used MDX functions and constructs. No prior knowledge is assumed and examples are used throughout to develop MDX skills to the point where they can solve real business problems. It also includes a CD-ROM and a version of ProClarity.
- 9781846281747 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1846281741 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9781846281822 (electronic bk.)
1846281822 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7543628