1-800-hot-ribs : poems / by Catherine Bowman
- Bowman, Catherine
- Additional Titles:
- One-eight hundred-Hot-Ribs
- Pittsburgh : Carnegie Mellon University Press, 2010.
- Second Carnegie Mellon University Press classic contemporaries ed.
- Physical Description:
- 50 pages ; 24 cm.
- Machine generated contents note: King Arthur -- Foot People -- Can You Tell Us Something about Him? -- Spice Night -- The Bed -- Twins of a Gazelle Which Feed among the Lilies -- Pot Roast -- Hurricane Season -- Fernando and the Tomato Salad -- Deathwatch Beetle -- Jackie in Cambodia -- LBJ Ranch Barbecue -- Seven Wives and Seven Astronauts -- Chocolate Kisses -- The Grapefruit Queen -- The Orchard -- Mr. X -- The Erroneous Nighthag -- Late Johnny -- The Pattern -- Two Moons -- 1-800-HOT-RIBS -- Sunflower Revival in Potato Town -- Dove at Sundown -- Demographics -- The 54 Figures of Loteria -- The Road to Acuna -- The Moral Is Rain -- Yucatan -- Texas, Then -- Meat & Secrets -- Obituary for a South Texas Politician -- Adios, Adios -- Little Chicken -- The Veil.
- Bowman...seems to manipulate the language with a branding iron in one hand and a bullwhip in the other. Bowman's native soil is Texas, and though she casts a cold eye on its codes of Bubba Machismo and Cheerleader Femininity, she knows that denying one's roots is equivalent to using a butcher's cleaver to perform an act of self-amputation.---Diann Blakely --
The sensual swoop and swoon of tasty language, this rich spell of texture and energy--- 1-800-HOT-RIBS deserves a flamboyant napkin of YESES and a big grateful bite! I haven't read anything more original in a long sweet time.---Naomi Shihab Nye --Book Jacket.
- "Second Carnegie Mellon University Press classic contemporaries edition, May 2010"--T.p. verso.
View MARC record | catkey: 7545233