Advanced methods of biomedical signal processing [electronic resource] / edited by Sergio Cerutti, Carlo Marchesi
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley ; Piscataway, NJ : IEEE Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 576 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Cerutti, Sergio, Marchesi, Carlo, and Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Front Matter -- Fundamentals of Biomedical Signal Processing and Introduction to Advanced Methods. Methods of Biomedical Signal Processing: Multiparametric and Multidisciplinary Integration toward a Better Comprehension of Pathophysiological Mechanisms / Sergio Cerutti -- Data, Signals, and Information: Medical Applications of Digital Signal Processing / Carlo Marchesi, Matteo Paoletti, Loriano Galeotti -- Points of View of the Physiologist and Clinician. Methods and Neurons / Gahriele E M Biella -- Evaluation of the Autonomic Nervous System: From Algorithms to Clinical Practice / Maria Teresa La Rovere -- Models and Biomedical Signals. Parametric Models for the Analysis of Interactions in Biomedical Signals / Giuseppe Baselli, Alberto Porta, Paolo Bolzern -- Use of Interpretative Models in Biological Signal Processing / Mauro Ursino -- Multimodal Integration of EEG, MEG, and Functional MRI in the Study Of Human Brain Activity / Fabio Babiloni, Fahrizio De Vico Fallani, Febo Cincotti -- Deconvolution for Physiological Signal Analysis / Giovanni Sparacino, Gianluigi Pillonetto, Giuseppe De Nicolao, Claudio Cobelli -- Time-Frequency, Time-Scale, and Wavelet Analysis. Linear Time-Frequency Representation / Maurizio Varanini -- Quadratic Time-Frequency Representation / Luca Mainardi -- Time-Variant Spectral Estimation / Anna M Bianchi -- Complexity Analysis and Nonlinear Methods. Dynamical Systems and Their Bifurcations / Fabio Dercole, Sergio Rinaldi -- Fractal Dimension: From Geometry to Physiology / Rita Balocchi -- Nonlinear Analysis of Experimental Time Series / Maria Gabriella Signorini, Manuela Ferrario -- Blind Source Separation: Application to Biomedical Signals / Luca Mesin, Ale₍ Holohar, Roberto Merletti -- Higher Order Spectra / Giovanni Calcagnini, Federica Censi -- Information Processing of Molecular Biology Data. Molecular Bioengineering and Nanobioscience: Data Analysis and Processing Methods / Carmelina Ruggiero -- Microarray Data Analysis: General Concepts, Gene Selection, and Classification / Riccardo Bellazzi, Silvio Bicciato, Claudio Cobelli, Barbara Di Camillo, Fulvia Ferrazzi, Paolo Magni, Lucia Sacchi, Gianna Toffolo -- Microarray Data Analysis: Gene Regulatory Networks / Riccardo Bellazzi, Silvio Bicciato, Claudio Cobelli, Barbara Di Camillo, Fulvia Ferrazzi, Paolo Magni, Lucia Sacchi, Gianna Toffolo -- Biomolecular Sequence Analysis / Linda Pattini, Sergio Cerutti -- Classification and Feature Extraction. Soft Computing in Signal and Data Analysis: Neural Networks, Neuro-Fuzzy Networks, and Genetic Algorithms / Giovanni Magenes, Francesco Lunghi, Stefano Ramat -- Interpretation and Classification of Patient Status Patterns / Matteo Paoletti, Carlo Marchesi -- Index -- IEEE Press Series in Biomedical Engineering --
- "This book grew out of the IEEE-EMBS Summer Schools on Biomedical Signal Processing, which have been held annually since 2002 to provide the participants state-of-the-art knowledge on emerging areas in biomedical engineering. Prominent experts in the areas of biomedical signal processing, biomedical data treatment, medicine, signal processing, system biology, and applied physiology introduce novel techniques and algorithms as well as their clinical or physiological applications. The book provides an overview of a compelling group of advanced biomedical signal processing techniques, such as multisource and multiscale integration of information for physiology and clinical decision; the impact of advanced methods of signal processing in cardiology and neurology; the integration of signal processing methods with a modelling approach; complexity measurement from biomedical signals; higher order analysis in biomedical signals; advanced methods of signal and data processing in genomics and proteomics; and classification and parameter enhancement"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781118007747 (electronic bk.)
1118007743 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7652958