Concrete portable handbook [electronic resource] / R. Dodge Woodson
- Woodson, R. Dodge (Roger Dodge), 1955-
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 463 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Part One:Concrete Properties Part Two: Processes Part Three: Testing and Quality Part Four: Non-destructive Testing Methods.
- Whether or not, you are on the job site or back in the office, this book will help you to avoid mistakes, code violations, and wasted time and money. The book's four part treatment begins with constituent materials followed by self contained parts on Concrete Properties, Processes, and Concrete Repair and Rehabilitation. Designed to be an "all in one" reference, the author includes a wealth information for the most popular types of testing. This includes: Analysis of Fresh Concrete; Testing Machines; Accelerated Testing Methods; Analysis of Hardened Concrete and Mortar; Core Sampling and Testing; Assessment of Concrete Construction ; Repair; Quality Concepts; Quality Control; Statistics; Standards, Specifications, and Codes of Practice. With this book in hand, construction engineers and even technicians find valuable information regarding Exposed Concrete Finishes, Repairing Concrete, Formwork, Precast Concrete, Concrete Roads, and Industrial Floors. Project managers and owners will find this reference a valuable guide to concrete both in terms of its applications in construction projects and the science and chemistry of concrete for its own sake. Fundamentals of Concrete Chemistry Handy at your figure tip calculations Tips for working with all types of concretes Covers Roads, floors, and finishes Principles of Precast, Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete.
- 9780123821768 (electronic bk.) and 0123821762 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Nov. 2, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 7653338