A dictionarie in English and Latine for children, and yong beginners [microform] : compiled at the first by Iohn Withals, (with the phrases, and rythmicall, and prouerbiall verses &c. which haue bin added to the same, by Levvis Euans, and Abr. Fleming, successiuely.).
- Withals, John
- Uniform Title:
- Shorte dictionarie, for yonge begynners
- Additional Titles:
- Shorte dictionarie for yonge begynners and Little dictionarie for children
- Printed at London : By Thomas Purfoot, and are to be sold by Na: Butter, 1608..
- And (newlie) now augmented, with great plentie of latine words, sentences, and phrases: with many proper epigrams: descriptions: inscriptions: histories: poeticall fictions besides. Framed (all) to their yong vnderstandings which be learners in the Latin tongue, to leade them on to riper knowledge, with delight. By VVilliam Clerk.
- Physical Description:
- 10 unnumbered pages, 464 pages, 6 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Evans, Lewis, active 1574, Fleming, Abraham, 1552?-1607, and Clerk, William, active 1599-1608
- An edition of: Withals, John. A shorte dictionarie for yonge begynners.
Signatures: A4 B-Gg8 Hh6.
Copy at reel 1054:4 identified on film as STC 25885.
Imperfect: tightly bound, print faded, pages torn; copy at reel 2258:1 lacks device of T. Purfoot (McK. 151), facing t.p. at reel 1054:4.
Reproductions of originals in: Folger Shakespeare Library (reel 1054:4) and University of Glasgow Library (reel 2258:1).
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1965. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1054:4).
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2005. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2258:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 25885.5.
View MARC record | catkey: 7655169