The Newe Testament of our Lord Iesus Christ [microform] / Conferred with the Greke, and best approued translations. : VVith the arguments, asvvel before the chapters, as for euery boke and epistle, also diuersities of readings, and most profitable annotations of all harde places: vvhereunto is added a copious table
- Uniform Title:
- Bible. New Testament. English. Geneva. 1575
- Imprinted at London : By T. V. for Christopher Barker, 1575..
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages, pages
- Additional Creators:
- Whittingham, William, -1579, Gilby, Anthony, approximately 1510-1585, and Sampson, Thomas, 1517?-1589
- Includes index.
The text agrees generally with Herbert no. 107.
The first edition of the Geneva version printed in England. Thomas Vautroullier, a Frenchman, printed at London and at Edinburgh. He obtained in June 1574 a royal licence to print Beza's Latin New Testament (Herbert, pp. 1065-7)
Title within ornamental border (McK. & Ferg. 146[beta]); printer's device (McK. 179[alpha]) and colop. on 3E₇r; initials.
Signatures: *⁸ [par.]⁴, A-Z⁸ Aa-Zz⁸ AAa-GGg⁸ HHh⁴.
Translated by William Whittingham, Anthony Gilby, Thomas Sampson, and perhaps others.
Imperfect: pages worn, cropped and stained; all after 3H₁ lacking.
Reproduction of original in: Bodleian Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2006. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2281:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Herbert, A.S. Engl. Bible, 141
Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.), 2877
View MARC record | catkey: 7656127