The practis of preaching, otherwise called The pathway to the pulpet [microform] : conteyning an excellent method how to frame diuine sermons, & to interpret the holy Scriptures according to the capacitie of the vulgar people. / First written in Latin by the learned pastor of Christes Church, Andreas Hyperius: and now lately (to the profit of the same church) Englished by Iohn Ludham, vicar of Wethersfield. 1577. ; Herevnto is added an oration as concerning the lyfe and death of the same Hyperius: which may serue for a president to all the learned men of his calling in our tyme
- Hyperius, Andreas, 1511-1564
- Uniform Title:
- De formandis concionibus sacris. English
- Additional Titles:
- Pathway to the pulpet
Of framing of divine sermons
Populer interpretation of the Scriptures
- Imprinted at London : By Thomas East, 1577..
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 181, that is, 362 pages, 23 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Ludham, John, -1613
Orth, Wigand, 1537-1566
- Related Titles:
- Oration, as touching the lyfe and death of the famous and worthy man D. Andrewe Hyperius
- Translation of: De formandis concionibus sacris.
TItle within border of type ornaments; initials.
Signatures: A-Z⁸ Aa-Cc⁸.
Running title: Of framing of divine sermons, or, Populer interpretation of the Scriptures.
"An oration, as touching the lyfe and death of ... Andrewe Hyperius" by Wygandus Orthius has separate t.p. with printer's device McK. 177.
Colophon reads: [par] Imprinted at London by Thomas East, dwelling betweene Paules wharfe: and Baynardes Castle.
Imperfect: print show-through.
Reproduction of original in: British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2006. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2285:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 11758.
View MARC record | catkey: 7656242