What is college for? : the public purpose of higher education / edited by Ellen Condliffe Lagemann
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 168 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lagemann, Ellen Condliffe, 1945-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Renewing the Civic Mission of American Higher Education / Harry Lewis -- 2.Science, Enlightenment, and Intellectual Tensions in Higher Education / Douglas Taylor -- 3.Liberated Consumers and the Liberal Arts College / Elaine Tuttle Hansen -- 4.The Other 75%: College Education Beyond the Elite / David E. Lavin -- 5.Professional Education: Aligning Knowledge, Expertise, and Public Purpose / William M. Sullivan -- 6.Graduate Education: The Nerve Center of Higher Education / Catharine R. Stimpson.
- 9780807752753 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0807752754 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780807752760 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0807752762 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7658702