Discourse in signed languages / Cynthia B. Roy, editor
- Washington, DC : Gallaudet University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 227 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Roy, Cynthia B., 1950-
- The sociolinguistics in deaf communities series ; v. 17
- Pt. I: Depiction in discourse. The body in scene depictions / Paul Dudis -- Identifying depiction: constructed action and constructed dialogue in ASL presentations / Mary Thumann -- Pt. II: Cohesion in discourse. The discourse and politeness functions of HEY and WELL in American Sign Language / Jack Hoza -- Referring expressions in ASL discourse / Laurie Swabey -- Pt. III: Coherence in discourse. Register, discourse, and genre in British Sign Language (BSL) / Christopher Stone -- Revisiting the conduit metaphor in American Sign Language / Daniel Roush -- Pt. IV: Discourse in Native American Sign Language. Discourse features of American Indian Sign Language (AISL) / Jeffrey E. Davis.
- 1563685116 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7658816