Karba's first years [videorecording] : a study of Balinese childhood / produced by Gregory Bateson and Margaret Mead, with assistance from Committee for Research in Dementia Praecox
- Character formation in different cultures
- A series of scenes in the life of a Balinese child, beginning with a seventh-month birthday ceremonial, showing the child's relationships to parents, aunts and uncles, child nurse, and other children, as he is suckled, taught to walk and to dance, teased, and titiliated. Demonstrates the process by which a Balinese child's responsiveness is muted as parents stimulate and themselves fail to respond.
- Originally released in 1952. and This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Margaret Mead.
- Technical Details:
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 7660853