Art of the Western world [videorecording] / Annenberg Media ; series producers, Tony Cash, Andrew Snell ; series developed by Perry Miller Adato ; a production of WNET/Thirteen
- Silver Spring, MD : Athena, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 3 videodiscs (approximately 513 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Cash, Tony, 1933-
Adato, Perry Miller
Wood, Michael, 1948-
Gold, Mick, 1947-
Satrina, Carole Lucia
WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.)
Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.)
- Language Note:
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Disc 1. The Classical ideal / produced, directed and written by Geoff Dunlop, Bayley Silleck -- A white garment of churches : Romanesque and Gothic art / produced, directed and written by Perry Miller Adato -- The Early Renaissance / produced, directed and written by Mick Gold.
Disc 2. The High Renaissance / produced, directed and written by Geoff Dunlop -- Realms of light : the Baroque / produced, written by Eugene Marner, Carole Lucia Satrina ; directed by Eugene Marner -- An age of reason, an age of passion / produced, directed by Teri Wehn-Damisch.
Disc 3. A fresh view : Impressionism and Post-Impressionism / produced, directed and written by Melissa Llewelyn-Davies -- Into the 20th century / produced, directed by Ian Potts -- In our own time / produced, directed by Suzanne Bauman ; written by Suzanne Bauman, Robert Seidman.
- Historian Michael Wood leads a nine-part tour through 2,500 years of Western painting, sculpture, and architecture, filmed at over 150 locations in eight countries and featuring commentary by historians and scholars.
- Audience Notes:
- Rating: not rated.
- Previously broadcast on PBS in 1989.
Special features: include artist biographies and Michael Wood biography.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Film editor, Roderic Cooke ... [et al.] ; cinematographer, Jeremy Stavenhagen ... [et al.].
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Host, Michael Wood.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, 4:3 full screen; Dolby Digital stereo.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 7662146