Seeds of sustainablility : lessons from the birthplace of the Green Revolution / edited by Pamela A. Matson
- Additional Titles:
- Lessons from the birthplace of the Green Revolution
- Washington, DC : Island Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 292 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Matson, P. A. (Pamela A.)
- Why the Yaqui Valley? An introduction / Pamela Matson and Walter Falcon -- A brief history of the Yaqui Valley / Ashley Dean -- Looking for "win-wins" in intensive agriculture / Pamela Matson, Rosamond Naylor, and Ivan Ortiz-Monasterio -- Ecosystems and land use change in the Yaqui Valley: does agricultural intensification "spare land for nature"? / Pamela Matson and Peter Jewett -- Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development: A case study of change and effectiveness / Ellen McCullough and Pamela Matson -- Exploring vulnerability in the Yaqui Valley human-environment system / Pamela Matson, Amy Luers, and Ellen McCullough -- From wheat to waves and back again: connections between the Yaqui Valley and the Gulf of California / Michael Beman and Amy Luers -- The Yaqui Valley's agricultural transition to a more open economy / Rosamond Naylor and Walter Falcon -- Agricultural research and management at the field scale / Ivan Ortiz-Monasterio and David Lobell -- Nitrogen in the Yaqui Valley: sources, transfers, and consequences / Toby Ahrens ... [et al.] -- Water resources management in the Yaqui Valley / Gerrit Schoups ... [et al.] -- Lessons learned / Pamela Matson, Rosamond Naylor, and Ivan Ortiz-Monasterio.
- 9781597265225 (cloth : alk. paper), 1597265225 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781597265256 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 159726525X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-277) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7662280