The unquiet American : Richard Holbrooke in the world / Derek Chollet and Samantha Power, editors
- New York : Public Affairs, 2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 383 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Chollet, Derek H. and Power, Samantha
- The audacity of determination -- The journalist -- Vietnam -- Asia in the Carter years -- Europe in the Clinton years -- Bosnia and Dayton -- The United Nations -- Fighting HIV/AIDS -- Afghanistan and Pakistan -- Mentor and friend.
- Widely regarded to possess one of the most penetrating minds of any modern diplomat of any nation, Holbrooke was also well known for his outsized personality, and his capacity to charm and offend in equally colossal measures. In this book, the friends and colleagues who knew him best survey his accomplishments as a diplomat, activist, and author. Excerpts from Holbrooke's own writings further illuminate each significant period of his career.
- 9781610390781 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7664152