The architect's studio companion [electronic resource] : rules of thumb for preliminary design / Edward Allen and Joseph Iano
- Designing with building codes -- Designing the structure -- Designing with daylight -- Designing spaces for mechanical and electrical services -- Designing for egress and accessibility -- Designing for parking -- Designing with height and area limitations.
- "The architect's favorite handbook--now in an up-to-date, new edition! The Architect's Studio Companion is the labor-saving design resource that architects, engineers, and builders have relied on for years. Now in its Fifth Edition, this industry standard maintains its reputation as a reliable tool for the preliminary selecting, configuring, and sizing of the structural, environmental, and life safety systems of a building. Bestselling authors Edward Allen and Joseph Iano reduce complex engineering and building code information to simple approximations that enable designers to lay out the fundamental systems of a building in a matter of minutes--without getting hung up on complicated technical concepts"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781118097984 (electronic bk.), 111809798X (electronic bk.), 9780470641910 (pbk.), and 0470641916 (pbk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 7664674