Interracial encounters : reciprocal representations in African American and Asian American literatures, 1896-1937 / Julia H. Lee
- Lee, Julia H.
- New York : New York University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 219 pages ; 24 cm
- The 'negro problem' and the 'yellow peril': early twentieth-century America's views on Blacks and Asians -- Estrangement on a train: race and narratives of American identity in the marrow of tradition and America through the spectacles of an oriental diplomat -- The eaton sisters go to Jamaica -- Quicksand and the racial aesthetics of chinoiserie -- Nation, narration, and the Afro-Asian encounter in W. E. B. Du Bois' Dark princess -- And Younghill Kang's East goes west.
- 9780814752555 (cloth : acid-free paper)
0814752551 (cloth : acid-free paper)
9780814752562 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
081475256X (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Hastings Libraries Endowment; 2011.
- Endowment Note:
- The Hastings Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 7665206