Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) / editors, Gloria M. Bulechek, Howard K. Butcher, Joanne McCloskey Dochterman
- St. Louis, Mo. : Mosby/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 5th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvi, 938 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bulechek, Gloria M., Butcher, Howard Karl, and Dochterman, Joanne McCloskey
- Construction and use of the classification (An overview of the Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) -- Development, testing, and implementation of NIC: 1987-2006 -- Use of NIC) -- Taxonomy of nursing interventions -- The classification -- Core interventions for nursing specialty areas -- Estimated time and education level necessary to perform NIC interventions -- Appendixes (Interventions: new, revised, and retired since the fourth edition -- Guidelines for submission of a new or revised intervention -- Timeline and highlights: nursing interventions classification (NIC) -- Call for expert reviewers: Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness -- Selected publications -- Abbreviations).
- "With the full range of nursing interventions, this research-based classification system standardizes and defines the knowledge base for nursing curricula and practice. Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 5th Edition communicates the nature of nursing and facilitates the appropriate selection and documentation of nursing interventions by nurses." --Book Jacket.
- 9780323053402 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0323053408 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7665218