Voices from the storm : the people of New Orleans on Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath / edited by Lola Vollen and Chris Ying ; [series editors, Dave Eggers and Lola Vollen] ; interviews by Stacy Parker Aab, Mary Beth Black, Colin Dabkowski, Billy Sothern and Andy Young ; with additional material from Dana Leventhal, Claire Smith, Mary Ann Pendino, Sharon Ferranti ; [cover photo by Aric Mayer].
- San Francisco : McSweeney's Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 309 pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Vollen, Lola, Ying, Chris, Eggers, Dave, Aab, Stacy Parker, Black, Mary Beth, Dabkowski, Colin, Sothern, Billy, 1977-, Young, Andrew W., and Berliner, Lart Cognac
- Introduction -- Life before the storm: Patricia Thompson. Renee Martin. Jackie Harris. Rhonda Sylvester. Dan Bright. Father Jerome LeDoux. Sonya Hernandez. Kalamu ya Salaam. Kermit Ruffins. Daniel Finnigan. Anthony Letcher. Abdulrahman Zeitoun. Father Vien The Nguyen -- Narrators and maps -- The storm -- The week after -- Weeks after the storm -- Looking back.
- "Stranded in a city submerged, the narrators of "Voices from the Storm" survived the devastation brought on by Hurricane Katrina only to find themselves abandoned and even victimized by their own government. These thirteen men and women of New Orleans recount in astonishing and heartrending detail, the worst natural disaster in American history"--P.  of cover.
This series collects oral histories on human-rights crises in the United States and around the world.
View MARC record | catkey: 7665836