The postcolonial science and technology studies reader / edited by Sandra Harding
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 476 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Harding, Sandra G.
- Discovering the Oriental West / John M. Hobson -- Long-distance corporations, big sciences, and the geography of knowledge / Steven J. Harris -- Heroic narratives of quest and discovery / Mary Terrall -- Maria Sibylla Merian : a woman of art and science / Ella Reitsma -- Prospecting for drugs : European naturalists in the West Indies / Londa Schiebinger -- Science and colonial expansion : the role of the British Royal Botanical Gardens / Lucille H. Brockway -- Out of Africa : colonial rice history in the Black Atlantic / Judith Carney -- Navigation in the western Carolines : a traditional science / Ward H. Goodenough -- Science for the West, myth for the rest? / Colin Scott -- Ecolinguistics, linguistic diversity, ecological diversity / Peter Mülhäusler -- Gender and indigenous knowledge / Helen Appleton, Maria E. Fernandez, Catherine L. M. Hill, and Consuelo Quiroz -- Whose knowledge, whose genes, whose rights? / Stephen B. Brush -- The role of the global network of indigenous knowledge resource centers in the conservation of cultural and biological diversity / D. Michael Warren -- Development and the anthropology of modernity / Arturo Escobar -- Tradition and gender in modernization theory / Catherine V. Scott -- Security and survival : why do poor people have many children? / Betsy Hartmann -- Call for a new approach / Committee on Women, Population, and the Environment -- The Human Genome Diversity Project : what went wrong? / Jenny Reardon -- Bioprospecting's representational dilemma / Cori Hayden -- Islamic science : the contemporary debate / Ziauddin Sardar -- Mining civilizational knowledge / Susantha Goonatilake -- Towards the integration of knowledge systems : challenges to thought and practice / Catherine A. Odora Hoppers -- Human well-being and federal science : what's the connection? / Daniel Sarewitz -- Science in an era of globalization : alternative pathways / David J. Hess -- Civic science for sustainability : reframing the role of experts, policymakers, and citizens in environmental governance / Karin Bäckstrand.
- 9780822349365 (cloth : alk. paper), 0822349361 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780822349570 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0822349574 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7665917