A community of gardens [videorecording] : a documentary / by Cintia Cabib
- [United States?] : [publisher not identified], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (60 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Cabib, Cintia
- Through the voices of young people, immigrants, senior citizens, garden volunteers and educators, this documentary explores the vital role of seven urban community gardens as sources of fresh, nutritious food, outdoor classrooms, places of healing, links to immigrants' native countries, centers of social interaction, and oases of beauty and calm in inner-city neighborhoods. Also traces the history of community gardens in the United States, from the potato patch farms of the late 19th century, to the victory gardens of World War II, to community gardening's current renaissance.
- Related Titles:
- Garden grows at 13th and C Streets
- Title from disc surface.
Bonus film: A garden grows at 13th and C Streets.
- Technical Details:
- Includes public performance rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 7665942