Better library and learning space : projects, trends and ideas / edited by Les Watson
- London : Facet Publishing, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 278 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Watson, Leslie
- UK projects and trends / Les Watson, Jan Howden -- US projects and trends / Matthew Simon -- China projects and trends / Hugh Anderson -- Hong Kong projects and trends / Bob Fox, Peter E. Sidorko -- European projects and trends / Joyce Sternheim, Rob Bruijnzeels -- Australasian projects and trends / Roland Sussex, Peter Tregloan, Phil Long -- Library space and technology / Les Watson -- Libraries space and learning / Les Watson, Jan Howden -- Key ideas on space / Les Watson -- Thinking it through / Les Watson -- Beyond space : access is all, or is it? / David Baker -- Thinking inside the box / Colin Allan -- Nothing has changed, everything has changed : the enduring aspects of learning / Hugh Anderson -- Books, nooks and MOOCs / Jo Dane -- The researcher's view : context is critical / Sheila Corrall, Ray Lester -- Libraries in the networked society : evolution, revolution, extinction? / Chris Batt -- Powered by learning : developing models of provision to meet the expectations of new generations of students / Graham Bulpitt -- The library has left the building / Joyce Sternheim, Rob Bruijnzeels -- Beyond analogue : the learning studio as media-age library / Kyle Dickson -- 3D libraries for 3D smarting / Jef Staes -- Learning landscapes, the library and the University of Lincoln : efficiency, effectiveness, expression and experimentation / Mike Neary, Sam Williams -- Viral design : learners building better environments together / Stephen Heppell -- The interior designer's view / Val Clugston -- Furniture fit to the future : a brief exploration of library and learning furniture today and for the coming generation / Paul White.
- What are the most important things a 21st-century library should do with its space? Each chapter in this cutting-edge text addresses this critical question, capturing the insights and practical ideas of leading international librarians, educators and designers to offer you a 'creative resource bank' that will help to transform your library and learning spaces. This is an innovative and practical toolkit introducing concepts, drawing together opinions and encouraging new ways of thinking about learning spaces in the future. It explores topics that include: the threat of change, including new models of learning and the revolution in technology; the role of the library, looking at new sustainable and creative library models; and, the power of space, exploring its effects on identity, psychology and behaviour. This is a must-have text for those involved in designing and developing library and learning spaces, from library and university management to designers and architects.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7666332