Warrior [videorecording] / Lionsgate and Mimran Schur Pictures present ; produced by Gavin O'Connor, Greg O'Connor ; screenplay by Gavin O'Connor, Anthony Tambakis, Cliff Dorfman ; directed by Gavin O'Connor
- Santa Monica, Calif. : Lions Gate Home Entertainment, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (140 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- O'Connor, Gavin
Tambakis, Anthony, 1967-
Hardy, Tom, 1977-
Edgerton, Joel, 1974-
Morrison, Jennifer, 1979-
Lions Gate Films
Mimran Schur Pictures
Lions Gate Home Entertainment
- Language Note:
- English dialogue with optional English or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- An ex-Marine haunted by a tragic past, Tommy Riordan returns to his hometown of Pittsburgh and enlists his father, to train him for an MMA tournament awarding the biggest purse in the history of the sport. As Tommy blazes a violent path towards the title prize, his brother, Brendan, returns to the amateur ring to provide for his family. The two brothers must finally confront the forces that tore them apart, all the while waging the most intense, winner-takes-all battle of their lives.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; sequences of intense mixed martial arts fighting, some language and thematic material.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2011.
Special features: audio commentary ; Redemption: bringing Warrior to life documentary ; Philosophy in combat: mixed martial arts strategy ; Simply believe: a tribut to Charles "Mask" Lewis, Jr. ; Cheap shots: gag reel ; Brother vs brother: anatomy of the fight ; The diner: deleted scene with Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte ; selected scene on camera commentary.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Masanobu Takayanagi ; edited by John Gilroy ... [et al.] ; music by Mark Isham.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton, Nick Nolte, Jennifer Morrison.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen, 5.1 Dolby Digital.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 7775094