Nobody's fool [videorecording] / Paramount Pictures presents ; in association with Capella International ; a Scott Rudin/Cinehaus production ; written for the screen and directed by Robert Benton ; produced by Scott Rudin and Arlene Donovan. Fat man & little boy / Paramount Pictures presents ; directed by Roland Joffe ; screenplay by Bruce Robinson and Roland Joffe ; story by Bruce Robinson ; produced by Tony Garnett
- Additional Titles:
- Fat man and little boy
- [Hollywood, CA] : Paramount Pictures ; Santa Monica, CA : Distributed by Lions Gate Entertainment, c2008.
- Widescreen format.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (110 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Benton, Robert
Rudin, Scott, 1958-
Newman, Paul, 1925-2008
Saks, Gene, 1921-
Willis, Bruce, 1955-
Griffith, Melanie, 1957-
Taylor-Vince, Pruitt, 1960-
Sommer, M. Josef
Goodwin, Alexander, 1987-
Joffé, Roland, 1945-
Bedelia, Bonnie, 1946-
Cusack, John, 1966-
McGinley, John C.
Russo, Richard, 1949-
Paramount Pictures Corporation (1914-1927)
Capella International, Inc
Lions Gate Films
- Language Note:
- In English; optional English subtitles (Nobody's fool).
- Side A. Nobody's fool (110 min.) -- side B. Fat man & little boy (126 min.).
- (Nobody's fool) In this affectionate story of small town life in upstate New York, Sully, a fitfully employed 60-year-old construction worker, is a cheerful curmudgeon who has made a lifetime of bad decisions. He unexpectedly has a chance to make some of them right when his estranged son and grandson drop back into his life.
(Fat man & little boy) A dramatization of the development of the atomic bomb by the Manhattan Project, during World War II, with emphasis on the relationship between General Leslie Groves, the project director, and scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer.
- Related Titles:
- Nobody's fool (Motion picture)
Fat man & little boy
Fat man and little boy (Motion picture)
- Audience Notes:
- (Nobody's fool) MPAA rating: R: some language and nudity. (Fat man & little boy) MPAA rating: PG-13.
- Videodisc release of two motion pictures produced in 1994 (Nobody's fool) and 1989 (Fat man & little boy).
Nobody's fool is based on the novel by Richard Russo.
Nobody's fool originally produced as motion picture in 1994; Based on the novel by Richard Russo.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- (Nobody's perfect) Director of photography, John Bailey; editor, John Bloom; music, Howard Shore; production designer, David Gropman.
(Fat man & little boy) Director of photography, Vilmos Zsigmond; editor, Françoise Bonnot; music composed, orchestrated and conducted by Ennio Morricone.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- (Nobody's fool) Paul Newman, Jessica Tandy, Melanie Griffith, Dylan Walsh, Gene Saks, Bruce Willis, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Josef Sommer, Alexander Goodwin.
(Fat man & little boy) Paul Newman, Dwight Schultz, Bonnie Bedelia, John Cusack, Laura Dern, John C. McGinley.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1; NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (both features); Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround (Nobody's fool); Widescreen version enhanced for 16:9 tvs.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 7776550