Literary sisters : Dorothy West and her circle : a biography of the Harlem Renaissance / Verner D. Mitchell and Cynthia Davis
- Prologue -- "Nothing so broadening as travel": Porgy, 1929 -- The Benson Family comes to Boston -- Pauline Hopkins and African American literature in New England -- Boston girlhoods, 1910-1925 -- The youngest members of the Harlem Renaissance, 1926-1931 -- Russian interlude, literary salons, and challenge -- Epilogue.
- West, Dorothy, 1907-1998—Criticism and interpretation
- American literature—Women authors—History and criticism
- American literature—African American authors—History and criticism
- African American women—Intellectual life
- African American women in literature
- African American arts—New York (State)—New York
- Harlem Renaissance
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.)—Intellectual life—20th century
- 9780813551456 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813551455 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813551463 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0813551463 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Hastings Libraries Endowment; 2011.
- Endowment Note:
- The Hastings Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 7776880