Bringing the body to the stage and screen : expressive movement for performers / Annette Lust ; with movement consultant Jo Tomalin ; illustrations by C. Yeaton
- Lust, Annette
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 342 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Introduction: goals and objectives for learning to move expressively -- Physical and expressive exercises for stage and screen movement, mime, pantomime, corporeal mime, improvisation, basic physical and expressive exercises, and utilizing movement to create a visual image. Definitions of stage and screen movement, mime, pantomime, corporeal mime, stage combat, physical theatre and physical improvisation -- Conducting a class and practicing on one's own -- Basic physical and expressive exercises: utilizing movement to create a visual image -- Subjects for improvisation, pantomimes, movement for acting, mime and text. Interviews and essays on mime and acting, mask, Decroux and contemporary theatre, street theatre, movement training, dance and the female body, puppetry, theatrical dance, clowning, body of theater, and film -- Improvisation -- Pantomimes and scenes for nonverbal acting -- "Physicalizing" the word -- Interviews and essays. A conversation with Bill Irwin on mime and acting -- Interview with Bernie Schürch and Floriana Frassetto of the Swiss Mummenschanz Company -- Interview with Geoff Hoyle on the mime-clown-actor's art -- Etienne Decroux and the contemporary theatre: Decroux corporeal mime / by Robert Fleshman -- "The Bond St. Theatre's use of physical street theatre: an interview with Joanna Sherman and Michael McGuigan -- Joan Schirle on movement training for the actor -- Ilka Schönbein: dance and the female body -- Liebe Wetzel and movement in puppetry -- Karina Epperlein: images and body expression in film: gift of the gods -- Theatrical dance / by Joe Goode -- Jeff Raz: the clown conservatory teaching of professional clowns in the 21st century -- Movement for puppeteers by Dr. Jo Tomalin -- Too much geniality: notes and quotes on a reappraisal: stage versus screen acting / by Ken Bullock -- The body of theater / by Mark Jackson -- How Charlie Chaplin spun stagecraft into cinematic gold / by Dan Kamin -- Epilogue.
- 9780810881242 (cloth : alk. paper)
0810881241 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780810882126 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0810882124 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references, filmography and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7778534