BIM in small-scale sustainable design / François Lévy
- Lévy, François, 1966-
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 292 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.BIM and Sustainable Design -- The emergence of Building Information Modeling -- BIM for design -- High-performance architecture -- Case study: Moonrise Ranch -- 2.Design Software -- BIM applications -- Complementary software -- Further reading -- Case Study: Parameterized Hauer Curtain Wall -- 3.Site Analysis -- Developing a site model -- Analyzing the site -- Case Study: House in Sonoma -- 4.Massing Analysis -- Creating massing models -- Perimeter/volume ratios: optimizing for envelope quantity -- Confirming desirable and undesirable views -- Preliminary cost and feasibility analysis -- Preliminary passive heating and cooling design data -- Case Study: New High School -- 5.Solar Geometry and Daylighting -- Shade from the sun -- Daylighting -- Case Study: Ross Street House -- 6.Passive Cooling -- Appropriate responses for local climates -- Rules of thumb and sizing guidelines for cooling strategies -- Case Study: Hadlow College Rural Regeneration Centre -- 7.Passive Heating -- Rules of thumb and sizing guidelines for heating strategies -- Whole-building heat loss -- Whole-building heat gain -- Case Study: Battelle Darby Creek Environmental Center -- 8.Onsite Energy Systems -- Solar photovoltaics -- Azimuth and elevation -- Solar thermal systems -- Wind turbines -- Case Study: Cascadia Center for Sustainable Design and Construction -- 9.Building Hydrology -- Site design for water -- Rainwater harvesting -- Plumbing fixture efficiency -- Sizing constructed wetlands -- Gutter sizing -- Case Study: Bee Ranch -- 10.Materials and Waste -- Material takeoff s and cost calculations -- Advanced framing -- Sheet materials -- Preliminary life cycle analysis -- LEED material calculations -- Case Study: Loblolly House -- 11.Collaboration -- Imported backgrounds -- Exporting files -- Project coordination -- Case Study: Paisano Senior Housing.
- "This book focuses on BIM strategies for modest-scaled architectural projects that are sustainably designed. Specific in its examples and methods, the book serves as practical guide for architects and is intended to be a desktop companion. Other books, other than software guides, tend to treat BIM or sustainable practices separately in a high-level discussion"--Provided by publisher.
"While most books related to BIM are focused on large-scale architectural projects, this is the only book focused on BIM strategies for modest-scaled architectural projects that are sustainably designed. Specific in its examples and methods, the book serves as practical guide for architects and is intended to be a desktop companion. Other books, other than software guides, tend to treat BIM or sustainable practices separately in a high-level discussion"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780470590898 (hardback)
- Machine generated contents note: Acknowledgements.Introduction.Chapter 1. BIM and Sustainable Design.Chapter 2. Design SOFTWARE.Chapter 3. Site Analysis.Chapter 4. Massing Analysis.Chapter 5. Solar Geometry and Daylighting.Chapter 6. PASSIVE COOLING.Chapter 7. PASSIVE HEATING.Chapter 8. Onsite Energy Systems.Chapter 9. Building Hydrology.Chapter 10. Materials and Waste.Chapter 11. Collaboration.Afterword.Index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7779683