Adapt : why success always starts with failure / Tim Harford
- Harford, Tim, 1973-
- Additional Titles:
- Why success always starts with failure
- New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 309 pages ; 24 cm
- Adapting -- Conflict or : How organizations learn -- Creating new ideas that matter or : Variation -- Finding what works for the poor or : Selection -- Climate change or : Changing the rules for success -- Preventing financial meltdowns or : Decoupling -- The adaptive organization -- Adapting and you.
- Outlines a counterintuitive approach to changing the world by assessing its failures, drawing on myriad disciplines to argue that complex challenges must be met through adaptive trial-and-error practices that do not depend on expert opinions or ready-made solutions.
- 9780374100964 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7779696