Adolescent health services [electronic resource] : missing opportunities / Committee on Adolescent Health Care Services and Models of Care for Treatment, Prevention, and Healthy Development, Board on Children, Youth, and Families ; National Research Council and Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
- Washington, DC : National Academies Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 344 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Adolescent Health Care Services and Models of Care for Treatment, Prevention, and Healthy Development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Setting the stage -- Adolescent health status -- Current adolescent health services, settings, and providers -- Improving systems of adolescent health services -- Preparing a workforce to meet the health needs of adolescents -- Health insurance coverage and access to adolescent health services -- Overall conclusions and recommendations.
- "Adolescent Health Services examines the health status of adolescents and reviews the separate and uncoordinated programs and services that currently exist in multiple public and private health care settings. The book provides guidance to administrators in public and private health care agencies, health care workers, guidance counselors, parents, school administrators, and policy makers on investing in, strengthening, and improving an integrated health system for adolescents." --Book Jacket.
- 9780309114677 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7784014